Article updated: October 20, 2021
Edit drafted or published Amplify content
Edit your content from any Amplify queue in Streams by selecting Edit. You can customize your content in the following ways:
- Text: Select the post text to edit it and view the character count, and then select Save.
- Topics: By default, each post is tagged for Everyone. Select Everyone to select specific topics for the post. Learn more about topics.
- Facebook Share: When enabled, posts pulled from your streams can be shared directly in Facebook. When disabled, the post can be adapted to share to all social networks.
- Retweetable: When enabled, tweets pulled from a stream via the Amplify plugin can be retweeted or quote tweeted by your users, giving credit to the original author, and helping posts go viral. When disabled, the tweet can be adapted to share to all social networks.
- Post to: Select the social networks that users will be able to share the post to.
- Announcement: Turn this on to share internal information to your app users. These posts can't be shared and are labeled as an announcement.
- Expiry Date: Select Set Date to select a date and time for the post to be removed from Amplify. The post will remain in the Posted queue in your stream.
- Image: Select Upload to add an image to your post. Link preview images can't be customized for Facebook Pages.
Note: Uploading an image in the Amplify stream displays the cropped version to your Amplify users, but the complete image will be included when they share the post to their social accounts. For best results attach images in the Composer.
- Advocates can edit: This enables your app users to edit the specific post before sharing it to their social accounts.
Select the back arrow to save your edits. Or select Delete Post to remove the post from the Drafts queue.
Tip: Contact your customer success manager to enable or disable the following feature:
- To permanently disable the ability for your app users to share to a specific social account or to Hootsuite.
- To enable your app users to edit and personalize all app content before sharing it to their social accounts.
- To enable sharing to Facebook Pages or Instagram.