Enable Instagram publishing notifications
With the mobile notification publishing workflow for Instagram, you can create posts in Hootsuite and then publish them to the Instagram app using the Hootsuite mobile app. To ensure you receive a notification when your Instagram post is ready to be published, enable push notifications.
Instagram requires personal and creator profiles to use this publishing workflow for all posts, and business profiles must use this workflow to publish posts with multiple images or videos. See Create an Instagram post to learn more.
Before you begin
Make sure you've already installed the Instagram app and the latest version of the Hootsuite mobile app.
Enable push notifications
- Open your Hootsuite mobile app.
- Select your account profile picture .
- Select the Settings tab, and then select Notifications.
- Select your connected Instagram profile.
- Turn on Instagram push notifications.
- If applicable, select Back and then repeat steps 4 and 5 for each Instagram profile you want to publish to.
- If notification permissions for the Hootsuite app aren't enabled in your mobile device settings, follow the prompts to turn them on too.
Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members in a Hootsuite organization must complete the previous steps to publish posts to an organization's Instagram profile from their own mobile device. Everyone in the team with notifications for that profile turned on will receive a push notification when a post is ready to be published to Instagram. See Finish publishing via mobile notification to learn more.
Important: Logging out of your Hootsuite and Instagram apps turns off all push notifications and keeps posts from publishing. Make sure you’re always logged in to both apps.