Create a Pinterest pin
You can create, publish, and manage your Pinterest content with Hootsuite. When you create a pin, you can do the following:
- Attach an image.
- Edit and apply filters to your images.
- Add and link your pin to a website URL.
- Publish your pin to public or secret boards across one or more Pinterest accounts.
- Publish your pin right away or schedule it for a specific day and time.
Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members can grant different social network permissions to each team member. To learn more, see Overview of teams and organizations.
Note: You can only publish and schedule pins to Pinterest using the desktop version of Hootsuite.
Before you begin
- Make sure you’ve already added a Pinterest account to Hootsuite. For more information, see Add a Pinterest account
- There must be at least one board in your Pinterest account.
Create a pin
- Point to Create new post , and then select Pin.
- In the Pin to box, select a Pinterest board or type a keyword to search for a board.
You can also select Create new board to add a new board to your Pinterest accounts.Note: Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members can select a Hootsuite organization.Tip: If you see the message "You haven't connected any Pinterest accounts yet" but you have added a Pinterest account to Hootsuite, it means that there aren't any boards in your account. You must have at least one board in your Pinterest account.
- Add an image or a GIF to your pin using one of the following options:
- Add files in the Image box.
- Select Open media library, and then select Free Images or GIPHY. Choose a media file and then select Close Media Library.
- Business and Enterprise plan members- Select Open media library, and then select Content Library Images to select an image from your pre-approved media files.Note: The maximum file size for uploaded images is 5MB. You can attach one image per pin. Videos are not supported.
- To edit an image, select Edit image. For more information on using the photo editor, see Work with images.
- Add the website URL that the pin links to. Pinterest requires a full, valid website link, so shortened URLs are not supported.
- In the Description box, enter a description for your pin and (optionally) add emojis.
- The character count is displayed as you compose your pin.
- Select the smiley face in the bottom left to add emojis.
Preview, schedule, and publish your pin
When you’re finished creating your pin, review it in the preview pane on the right to see how it will look on your Pinterest board (to learn more, see Preview a post). If the composer detects any issues, you'll be alerted with a contextual error. When you're ready, you can choose from the following publishing options:
- Post now - Publish the post. You can also use the following expanded Post now options:
- Save draft - Save the post as a draft and return to polish or review it at another time.
- Post and reuse accounts - Publish your post, retain your social account choices, and begin a new post to those same social accounts.
- Post and duplicate - Publish your post but retain a copy of the original content and the social account selection to edit or schedule the post another time. A new post ID is created for your tracking needs. This makes composing multiple, similar posts much easier.
- Schedule for later - Schedule a time and date for the post to publish. Scheduling your posts allows you to keep your social presence active and publish your posts at high audience-engagement times. You can even set options to automatically publish on a schedule!
Note: Professional, Team, Business, and Enterprise customers can also set pins to automatically publish when there are gaps in scheduled content. See Automatically schedule a post.
For more information on how to schedule your content, see Schedule a post.