As of January 1, 2018, we’ve changed the way some Twitter engagement and new follower metrics are calculated.
Previously, these metrics were calculated relative to the moment of engagement with a tweet. Now, they’re calculated relative to the date the tweet was published.
To reflect this change, we’ve renamed these metrics as follows:
- New Followers is now Net New Followers
- Retweets is now Retweets for Published Tweets
- Replies is now Replies for Published Tweets
- Likes is now Likes for Published Tweets
If your report's selected time frame spans January 1 and 2, you may notice a spike or dip in data as the calculation changes, but historical data is unaffected.
The metrics library now contains the following new metrics to let you break down these renamed metrics by account or engagement type:
- Net New Followers by Account
- Retweets for Published Tweets by Account
- Replies for Published Tweets by Account
- Likes for Published Tweets by Account
- Engagement for Published Tweets by Account
- Engagement for Published Tweets by Type