Create content campaigns to manage the marketing posts your whole team publishes. Content campaigns ensure accurate and consistent campaign tracking, especially if you run more than one at a time.
Content campaigns span a specified timeframe and contain defined attributes that cascade down to each post in the campaign. These attributes include link tracking parameters, link shorteners, and tags. Associate posts with their campaigns with one easy click in the Composer. This adds the campaign's settings to the post and makes it easy to analyze campaign performance later.
Organization super admins and admins can create content campaigns for their organization. All organization members can then see and contribute to campaigns from the Composer.
To create a content campaign
- Click your profile picture ( by default) in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and then select Manage under the organization name.
- Click Campaigns under the organization name.
- Click Create a campaign.
- Enter a Campaign Name, a Summary, and then click Select campaign dates to set a date range during which the campaign will run.
- Select a start and end date and time, and then click Set. There is no limit to how far out the end date can be set.
- Optional: Add link setting presets to every post in the campaign.
- Click No Preset, and then select an existing preset, or click Create a new preset.
- Enter a name for the preset.
- Click No Shortener to select Ow.ly to shorten each link in the campaign.
- Click No Tracking to select Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or Custom parameters, and then enter the UTM parameters to append to each link. Learn more about UTM parameters
- Check Make default settings for all links to apply this preset by default to all links published from your organization, regardless of campaign.
- Click Create new preset.
- Optional: Add tags to every post in the campaign.
- Click Add Tag and select the tag(s) to add to each post, or enter a new tag to create it from the campaign manager. Click Manage Tags to access the tag library.
- Click Create Campaign in the bottom-right corner.
This campaign will now appear as an option in the Composer for all organization members to select when publishing content. Organization members can also filter the content Planner by campaign to see all content scheduled for the campaign.
Click Edit on an active campaign in the list to modify its name, summary details, or date range.
Click the three dots and then click Archive to hide a campaign from the Planner and Composer. A campaign can be unarchived at any time.
Report on the performance of your campaigns by filtering your Analytics report metrics by tag or campaign. See Report on campaign performance for more details.
Selecting a campaign from the Composer
All organization members have access to all campaigns. Select an organization from the top-left corner of the Composer (if you belong to more than one), and then click Select campaign to associate the post with a current or future campaign. Hover over each campaign to view its Summary for context. The Select campaign button does not appear unless there are current campaigns available to publish to.
Selecting a campaign applies its link settings and tags to the post. Associated posts can’t be scheduled outside of the campaign’s defined date range.
Important: Campaign link and tag presets (including none) override any links or tags already applied to a post in the Composer. To customize a post in a campaign, select the campaign first, and then change the post's link settings or tags.