Review your post performance at a glance without having to create a report! The Post Performance view displays key metrics for up to 100 of your most recently published posts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. This feature is available to all Team, Business, and Enterprise customers, and to Legacy Pro customers who have the Reports upgrade. If you are a long-time customer, you can find Post Performance data for dates as early Oct 2, 2017.
Open the Post Performance view in Hootsuite:
- Select Analytics on the left side.
- If the Measure list is not visible, expand the navigation, then select Post Performance.
Review performance of your posts
The Post Performance view displays a time stamp, thumbnail image, caption, author, outbound tags, and performance metrics for each post. Select a social network at the top of the page to view metrics by social network and to search for and select networks to display. Metrics on posts published in the last 31 days will continue to update as you work.
In the Post Performance view, you can:
- Open the original post - Select the time stamp link to open that post in the associated social network.
- Customize the date range - Select a time frame using the date picker on the top-right of the page.
- Customize the columns displayed - Select to show the metrics most important to you. To customize the columns displayed, select Edit Columns at the top of the page, then select the metrics you want to view. Note that the authors (people who published posts) metric is only displayed if that author published through Hootsuite.
- The Facebook Hot Posts metric identifies high-performing content at a glance. This metric is provided by Facebook. It looks at average engagement rates for content on each page, then uses a standard deviation to flag posts with relatively high engagement rates. Once a post is flagged as "hot," that status does not change. See also: Boost Facebook Page posts.
- Filter posts - Select Show filters at the top-right of the page to filter your posts by tag or campaign.
- Sort - Select a column heading to sort metrics by that column and find your top-performing posts. Sort is not limited to the most-recent 100 posts. When you sort, you get to view the top 100 metrics for all of your published posts in the specified time frame.
- Export to PDF, XLSX, or CSV - If you are a Business or Enterprise customer, you can export your Post Performance table. Select Export as on the top-right of the page to select an export format.