Manage and update your self-hosted blog from the same place you post to your other social networks with the Wordpress.org app.
All plan types can install this free app from Hootsuite’s app directory. Monitor and create pages and posts, view pages and posts in draft state, engage with comments, and share posts to your other social networks.
This app connects self-hosted blogs from WordPress.org to the dashboard. Sites must be XML-RPC enabled.
Blogs hosted on WordPress.com are not supported in Hootsuite.
To install the app
- Select App Directory from the launch menu.
- In the top-right corner, search for WordPress.
- Click Install in the bottom-right corner of the app.
- Select to add the app to a new tab, or to an existing tab within Streams, and then click Finish. You will be redirected to the app stream.
- Enter your blog URL and WordPress.org credentials, and then click Find Your WordPress to connect your site.
Getting an error? See Troubleshooting below.
To add more app streams
Once the WordPress.org app is installed in your dashboard, you can add multiple app streams. Monitor posts in one stream, and pages in another, for example, or manage different WordPress.org accounts in separate streams.
- Click Add Stream.
- Select Apps from the list on the left.
- Click WordPress.org to add a new stream to the dashboard.
- Enter the blog URL and WordPress.org credentials, and then click Find Your WordPress.
Using the app
To create and publish a blog post, click on the pencil icon at the top of the stream. Note that our integration with WordPress.org does not support the ability to schedule blog posts or to set a featured image for your post.
To view different content in the stream, click on the magnifying glass icon, and then select posts, pages, or comments.
Below any post, click Comments to view and moderate each comment. Click the drop-down arrow on a comment to approve, or set it as spam. Add your own comment below any post.
Hover your mouse over any post and then click to send it via email, or to share it to your other social networks connected to Hootsuite.
If you encounter the message: Error: Could not find your blog when attempting to connect your WordPress.org site, try addressing the following:
- Ensure that your WordPress.org site is running the latest version of WordPress with all the latest updates.
- Confirm that your WordPress.org site is XML-RPC enabled.
- Special characters in a password can cause login errors. We suggest changing your password to one with only letters and numbers.
- Use the URL of your blog’s landing page. For example: http://blog.hootsuite.com/. Try with and without "http://"
- Third-party plugins such as Bad Behaviour, Block Bad Queries, Better WP Security, or Login Lock can cause issues signing in or connecting to the app.
- Some users have encountered issues with the stream displaying “No More” for Published Pages and Published Posts. We have found that blogs with 'W3 Total Cache' installed, or blogs with a large number of posts, may be causing the app stream to load blank.
- Although the blog could be valid, when the format/customization is too complex, errors can occur. Simplified blogs that use templates work best.