Reconnect social accounts to Impact
Hootsuite Impact connects to social and website analytics accounts with access tokens granted by each platform. These access tokens may expire or require reconnection for different reasons such as software updates or password changes.
If Impact data is not populating, it usually means the social or website analytics account needs to be reconnected. If you have connections that need to be reconnected, a banner displays to indicate there are connections that need to be resolved. The last user who authenticated the connection will also receive an email notification to sign in to Impact and resolve the connection.
Reconnect social accounts
Any user with credentials to the social or website analytics account can reconnect and resolve a connection.
- Sign out of your social and website analytics accounts.
- If you are working in the Impact dashboard, select your dashboard, and then select Account Settings.
Otherwise, go to My other products , and then select Go to Impact. Impact opens in a new tab.
- Select Connections and select Unresolved Connections.
- Select Resolve next to a connection.
- Select Authorize + Connect. Enter your credentials for that connection.
- Follow the prompts to authorize the connection with Impact.
- Facebook Pages, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, YouTube channels: Select the accounts you want to add to Impact and then select Add.
Note: Please allow up to 24 hours for Impact to restore data missed during the disconnection. The last 30 days of data will be restored.
Why do social accounts disconnect from Hootsuite?
Sometimes, social accounts disconnect from Hootsuite Impact and this affects the data that Hootsuite Impact is able to collect. The reasons that social accounts disconnect from Hootsuite Impact are the same reasons why they disconnect from Hootsuite. See Why social accounts disconnect to learn more.