Connections between Impact and your social networks require access tokens, which can expire and require reconnecting for different reasons. These can be as simple as software updates or password changes.
If your data is not populating in your dashboard, it usually means the social network needs to be reconnected. The first place to check is your name in the top-left corner of your dashboard. If there is a notification number on your initials like this one, it means one or more social networks require reauthentication:
Reauthentication, or reconnection, follows the same process as adding connections.
To reconnect a social network
- Click the notification number, or click the drop-down menu in the top-left corner and then select Notifications. Here you will see a list of any social networks with expired access tokens that need to be reconnected.
- Click Resolve beside the social network.
- Review the explanation provided, and then click Go to My Connections.
- Click Add New Connection.
- Select the social network to reconnect.
- Click Authorize + Connect (social network).
- Enter your social network credentials and log in.
- Accept any additional prompts to authorize the connection with Hootsuite Impact.
- Facebook, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads: Select the correct account and then click Add again.
Please allow up to 24 hours for Impact to backfill any missing data collected during the disconnection. The last 30 days of data will be automatically backfilled.