Connect your social networks to Impact to pull in your social metrics and start measuring your social ROI. The more accounts you connect, the more data you can analyze to get a holistic view of your social performance. Impact collects 30 days of historical data from your social networks upon connection.
Connect the following social networks:
- Facebook business Pages
- Twitter profiles
- Instagram profiles and business accounts
- Pinterest business profiles
- LinkedIn Company Pages
- Facebook ad accounts
- Twitter ad accounts
- Instagram ad accounts
- LinkedIn ad accounts
- Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, and Hootsuite: See below
Depending on the social network, Impact makes connections through the profile that has access to the data you want to add (the Facebook Page or ad account for example).
Though the connection is authorized with profile credentials, this does NOT add that profile to Impact, but grants read-only access to the Page or ad account data associated with the profile. Hootsuite Impact will never post to your social networks on your behalf.
To connect a social network
To ensure this process works successfully, sign out of your social networks natively before you begin.
- Click the drop-down menu in the top-left corner of your dashboard, and then select Account Settings.
- Click Add Connections.
- Click Add New Connection.
- Select the social network to connect.
- Click Authorize + Connect (social network).
- Enter your social network credentials and log in.
- Accept any additional prompts to authorize the connection with Hootsuite Impact.
- Facebook, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads: Select the correct account and then click Add again.
You’ll be redirected back to the connections page where you can connect more social networks.
Your social data will not appear in your dashboard until your connection has been provisioned on the back end. Please allow 24 hours before your social networks are ready to use.
Notes on connecting to Facebook
- You must have Facebook Admin or Editor permissions for a Page to connect it to Impact. Learn more about Facebook Page permissions.
- You must have Facebook Business Manager access to be able to connect an ad account to Impact.
Notes on connecting to Twitter ads
- You must have Account Administrator or Ads Manager permissions for a Twitter ads account to connect it to Impact.
Google Analytics and Adobe Omniture can also be connected to your Impact dashboard to import and analyze the website data attributable to your social activity.
Hootsuite accounts can also be added as a connection to Impact. This imports your Hootsuite post tags into the Impact auto-tagger. Only tags on scheduled posts are imported.