The Insights module looks at your social activity and analyzes it for you. It provides summaries and explanations for trends in your metrics for the current period as compared to the previous period. This module is not included in Impact Starter.
Insights uses full sentences to translate data into actionable goals that your whole team can understand. It’s like having your own data scientist informing your content strategies.
Insights displays data by profile (split by organic and paid).
For recommendations on how to optimize your social goals, use the Recommendations module.
To view Insights by profile
- Click Select Platform and then select a social network at the top of the dashboard (organic or paid).
- Click Select Connection and then select an individual connection (social profile) from the drop-down menu.
- Click Previous Period and Current Period to select the date ranges to compare against each other.
- Click Update.
How does Impact Insights form its conclusions?
Insights uses different decision tree algorithms for each of your metrics to build explanations for them. It simulates a human analyzing your data to inform your content strategies.
For example, to explain growth in your impressions, Insights will consider various factors. Even though a brand's paid posts doubled from $10 to $20, that might be only part of the explanation.
First, Insights will determine if the growth is due to paid, organic, or viral content.
- If paid, was it a function of the brand spending more money, a material drop in CPM, or both? Did boosted ads perform better, a single post do well, or were more campaigns run with A/B testing?
- If organic, was increased reach due to content being more aligned with users, or more frequent posts than the previous period? Did a single post do well or was all the content much stronger?
- If viral, was the absolute increase due to the volume or quality of content?
The tool will continue to follow decision trees and estimate the impact of each factor to the overall success of your metrics.