The My Analytics module is your default view upon signing in to Impact. It displays your social data in tiles, which are completely customizable. Use tiles to graph your paid and organic social data, and visualize what's most important to you.
This module contains two tabs; My Tiles, which are unique to each user, and Team Tiles, a shared collection of tiles that team members can collaborate on in real-time.
Customizing My Analytics
There are eight tile types (listed below), five of which can display an unlimited number of data series from more than one social profile at once, and represent Page-level values. The other three tile types, Content Box, Content Table, and Content KPIs, display data at the post level. Learn more about page-level and post-level data
Filter the post-level tiles with filters saved in Browse Content. Apply filters to display certain post types, boosted content, or posts with certain tags, for example. The date range selected for your tiles will override dates built into filters.
There is no limit to the number of tiles you can create.
- Pie Chart – Graph multiple data series with a pie chart. (Page level)
- Bar Chart – Graph multiple data series with a bar chart. (Page level)
- Line Chart – Graph multiple data series with a line chart. (Page level)
- Table – Display multiple data series in a table aggregated by time (day, week, etc.) (Page level)
- KPI Summary – Display multiple metric totals over the specified date range. (Page level)
- Content Box – Display one top or bottom-performing post by a specific metric. Can be filtered. (Post level)
- Content Table – Display a list of top or bottom-performing content by a specific metric. Can be filtered. (Post level)
- Content KPIs - Display a list of up to 6 aggregated post-level metrics per platform. (Post level)
To add a new tile
- Click Add Tile in the top-right corner.
- Select a tile type.
- Enter a chart title.
- Select the connection(s) (social profile) and then a metric to display in your tile.
- Pie Chart/Bar Chart/Line Chart/Table/KPI Summary/Content KPIs: Enter a name for the series, and then click Add Series. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed. A preview of your tile will display on the right, displaying data from the past week.
- Bar Chart/Line Chart/Table: Select a time interval to group your data - by day, week, month, or year.
Content Box/Content Table: Apply a filter, and then select Descending or Ascending sort order.
- Click Build My Chart.
The tile will appear at the bottom of the page. Hover your mouse over the top of any tile to drag-and-drop it into a new position.
Click Chart Info in the top-right corner of any tile to see a description of the data series displayed in the chart.
Click Export in the top-right corner and then select Download as PDF to export your Analytics tiles into a PDF report. Each tile will be exported onto its own page. Click Download as CSV to export any pie chart, bar chart, line chart, table, and KPI summary tiles into one CSV file.
To edit or delete a tile
- Click Edit Chart in the top-right corner of the tile.
- Make your changes to the tile fields, and then click Update Chart, or click Delete Tile in the bottom-left corner.
To update the date range
- Click the date in the top-left corner, and select a new date range from the calendars.
- Click Update.
The date range is applied to all tiles.
Review the same data as the rest of your team by clicking Team Tiles. When Team Tiles are modified, the changes are reflected in all team members’ accounts. Click Team in the top-right corner to view the team members with access to the shared view.
Contact your Hootsuite customer success manager to create or edit a team.
Everyone with access to Team Tiles can edit them, but only one person can edit at a time. Clicking Edit in the top-right corner of Team Tiles prohibits the rest of the team from editing.
To copy or move a tile from My Tiles
- Click Copy or Move Tile in the top-right corner of the tile.
- Select Copy Tile to Team Tiles, or Move Tile to Team Tiles.
To copy a tile from Team Tiles
- Click Copy Tile in the top-right corner of the tile.
- Select Copy to My Tiles.
Copied tiles are independent of their originals, and updates made to one are not reflected in the other.