If you receive a notification that one of your scheduled posts failed to send, sign in to your Hootsuite account to review the failed post.
- Select Publisher from the launch menu.
- Locate the failed post in its scheduled time slot in the Planner. Failed posts are red.
- Click the failed post to view the reason for the failure. If the reason for failure is not specific, review our suggested solutions below before proceeding to step 4.
- Take steps to remedy the error. Click Edit in the top-right corner of the post if changes to the post are necessary. Then reschedule the post, or remove scheduling by clicking the X and click Send Now.
Why did my scheduled post fail to send?
If the reason for failure was not clear in step 3 above, the solutions to the most common publishing issues are listed below:
The social network is disconnected from Hootsuite
Social networks can disconnect from Hootsuite due to updates made on the native social network platform. A disconnected social network won’t publish scheduled content.
- Reconnect the social network to Hootsuite.
The post is a duplicate
- Ensure that your content is unique by editing the scheduled post. Change as little as a single word for each repost.
The post was sent to multiple social networks at once
Social network APIs may flag content as spam if you schedule a post to many social networks at once.
- Try publishing to groups of no more than 3-5 social networks at a time.
- Wait 24hrs before publishing the same post to groups of different social networks.
- Change as little as a single word of the post for each social network you are publishing to.
- If you are trying to advertise your business on Facebook, consider starting a dedicated Facebook Page for this content.
The post contains abusive content
Social networks can reject posts if they flag content as abusive. If you are not sure why your content is being rejected, read the social network terms of service. You can also test the post in the native social network platform to review their messaging.
If your post has been incorrectly identified as abuse, contact the social network's help desk to request that your content be approved.
- Appeal Facebook banned content
- Appeal Twitter link block
- Appeal Twitter account suspensions
- Appeal Instagram copyright infringement
If you still have questions about why your post failed to send, please reach out to our support team.