If you receive a notification that one of your scheduled messages failed to send, sign in to your Hootsuite account to review the failed message.
- Select Publisher from the launch menu.
- Under Publisher, click Past Scheduled.
- Locate the failed message in the calendar. Failed messages are red.
- Click the failed message to view the reason for the failure.
If the reason for failure is not specific, review our suggested solutions below before proceeding to step 5.
- Click Edit below the message, and make any necessary changes to remedy the error. Then reschedule the message, or remove scheduling by clicking the X and click Send Now.
Why did my scheduled message fail to send?
If the reason for message failure was not clear in step 4 above, you will find solutions to common publishing errors listed here:
The social network is disconnected from Hootsuite
Social networks can disconnect from Hootsuite due to updates made on the native social network platform. A disconnected social network won’t publish scheduled content.
Publishing duplicate posts
- Ensure that your content is unique by editing the scheduled message. Change as little as a single word for each repost.
Posting to multiple social networks at once
Social network APIs may flag content as spam if you schedule a post to many social networks at once.
- Try publishing to groups of no more than 3-5 social networks at a time.
- Wait 24hrs before publishing the same message to groups of different social networks.
- Change as little as a single word of the post for each social network you are publishing to.
- If you are trying to advertise your business on Facebook, consider starting a dedicated Facebook Page for this content.
Publishing posts that contain abusive content
Social networks can reject messages if they flag content as abusive. If you are not sure why your content is being rejected, read the social network terms of service. You can also test the post in the native social network platform to review their messaging.
If your post has been incorrectly identified as abuse, contact the social network help desk to request that your content be approved.
- Appeal Facebook banned content
- Appeal Twitter link block
- Appeal Twitter account suspensions
- Appeal Instagram copyright infringement
- Appeal Google+ account suspension
If you still have questions about why your message failed to send, please reach out to our support team.