You can choose to use the Facebook pixel when you create new campaigns, to track conversions on an ad campaign. The Facebook pixel is a piece of code from Facebook that you insert into your website to measure conversions and build audiences for your campaigns. Only one pixel can be created per Facebook ad account.
To create your pixel
- Click Settings on the main navigation menu.
- Click the Facebook ad accounts tab.
- Click Create a new one under the Facebook Pixel column on your ad account.
- Click Create a Pixel.
- Click Next.
- Follow Facebook’s instructions to set up your pixel.
To use your pixel in a campaign
- On the Ads Design step (2) of campaign creation, check the Track goal conversions with Facebook Pixels box at the bottom of the page.
There is no way to include pixel tracking after a campaign has been published.