Access tokens represent the permissions given to Hootsuite Ads to manage your Facebook ad account when you first authorize the connection to Facebook. From time to time this permission expires and needs to be renewed in order to continue managing your campaigns through Hootsuite Ads.
Expired tokens should be renewed as soon as possible, because while they remain expired your campaign data will not be refreshed, changes made to your campaigns will not be sent to Facebook, and you will not be able to create new campaigns in your Hootsuite Ads account.
To renew an access token
- Click Settings on the main navigation bar.
- Click the Facebook ad accounts tab.
- Click Renew it on the ad account you need to reconnect.
- Click Reauthorize application.
- Enter your Facebook login credentials (email and password), and then click Login.
- Click Continue as (profile name).
- Click OK.
Ensure the credentials used in step 5 are for the same Facebook user that originally imported the ad account into Hootsuite Ads. The Facebook user ID that needs to sign in and renew the permissions is linked just below the Renew button.