Renew an expired access token (Ads)
Access tokens represent the permissions given to Hootsuite Ads to manage your Facebook ad account when you first authorize the connection to Facebook. From time to time this permission expires and needs to be renewed to continue managing your campaigns through Hootsuite Ads.
Expired tokens should be renewed as soon as possible, because while they remain expired your campaign data will not be refreshed, changes made to your campaigns will not be sent to Facebook, and you will not be able to create new campaigns in your Hootsuite Ads account.
These steps must be completed with the same Facebook user who initially imported the ad account.
- Click Settings on the main navigation bar.
- Click the Facebook ad accounts tab.
- Click Renew it on the ad account you need to reconnect.
- Click Reauthorize application.
- Enter your Facebook login credentials (email and password), and then click Login. You must sign in as the same Facebook user who originally imported the ad account into Hootsuite Ads.
- Click Continue as (profile name).
- Click OK.
What if the Facebook user who originally connected to Hootsuite Ads has left the company?
In this case, the ad accounts must be moved under a new managing Facebook user. Please contact your customer success manager for support.