The Automatic Page post promotion campaign type boosts your Facebook Page posts for you! Define the kinds of posts you want to promote, and then let Hootsuite Ads save you time by automatically boosting any new Page content that fits the criteria.
Split testing targets is not supported for this campaign type.
To create an automatic Page post promotion campaign
- Click New campaign on the main navigation bar and proceed to create a campaign as usual.
- Under What do you want to promote? select the Page tab, and then click Page post.
- Click Proceed.
- Select your Facebook Page, and then choose to promote Specific Posts or the Latest Posts.
If you select Latest Posts:
- Select the type of post you want to promote (Link posts, status posts, photo, video, or all) and how many days to promote it.
- Choose to promote posts that contain specific links (to your own website). In the link keyword field, include part of the actual URL for your website, even if you use link shorteners in your posts. Hootsuite Ads will still recognize and match links to the original URL if a link shortener is used.
- Choose to promote posts that have specific keywords in their text.
- Choose to promote posts that have good organic reach with a certain number of likes, shares or comments.
- Click Validate your post filters.
Once your campaign is live, you can edit all the settings of your Automatic Page post promotion campaign directly from the campaign’s Dashboard in the Campaign Details section.
New Page posts are typically checked every couple of hours. If they get automatically promoted, they still need to go through Facebook’s ad approval process, so some boosted post ads could be disapproved. If an ad is disapproved, your original post will still remain published and continue to get organic views.
Automatic post promotion campaigns can also be created within the Hootsuite Dashboard, with the Hootsuite Ads app.