Video is an increasingly popular ad type, especially to promote brand awareness. Video is also proven to have a large organic reach on Facebook. Hootsuite Ads lets you create video ads by promoting your external website in the Facebook News Feed.
To create a video ad
- Click New campaign on the main navigation bar and proceed to create your campaign as usual.
- Under What do you want to promote? select External Website.
- On the Ads Design step (2), click Videos to upload videos instead of Pictures.
- Click Upload new video or Select from your gallery.
- Once your video is uploaded, select a thumbnail for the video, or click Upload new image to upload a custom thumbnail image.
- Optional: Click Add Video + to run a split test between one or more videos and find out which one converts best.
- Optional: Check the Create Video Custom Audience box to create a custom audience of users who began viewing your video, watched the whole video, or watched a specific portion of the video.
If your video is over 60 seconds long, make sure Instagram is NOT selected under Placement & Previews to ensure the upload is successful.
Once your campaign is live, monitor the performance of your video ads in your campaign’s Dashboard in the Relevance and Engagement section.
At this time, Hootsuite Ads does not support SRT files for including subtitles.