The first step to using Hootsuite Ads is connecting your Facebook account. Your account needs to be connected to manage your advertising, publish your ads, and get statistics. If you intend to manage only Google Ads campaigns with Hootsuite Ads, see Connect your Google Ads account.
To connect to Facebook
- Upon signing in to Hootsuite Ads for the first time, you'll be prompted to connect your accounts. Click Connect Facebook Accounts. Or to add additional accounts, navigate to the Facebook ad accounts page in your Settings and click Add new Facebook ad accounts.
- If you are not already signed in to Facebook, you will be prompted to enter your Facebook login credentials.
- Click Continue as (profile name).
- Click Choose what you allow if you don't want Hootsuite Ads to import all the Facebook Pages that your Facebook user has access to.
- Uncheck the box next to any Page you do not want imported into Hootsuite Ads.
All other toggles for allowing ads and business manager access must remain enabled so that Hootsuite Ads can publish your ads to your Facebook Pages and ad accounts.
- Click OK.
Once you’ve authorized the connection to your Facebook account, Hootsuite Ads will display a list of ad accounts associated with the Facebook profile. Select the ad account(s) you want to manage and publish to with Hootsuite Ads.
- Click the check box to the left of the ad account(s).
- Optional: Toggle Import active campaigns to Yes to import your active Facebook ad campaigns into Hootsuite Ads. Only active/running campaigns can be imported.
- Click Add Facebook Ad Accounts.
If you choose to import your active Facebook campaigns in step 5, the import can take up to 30 minutes. Learn more about importing
Now you’re ready to create your first campaign!
Rest assured, we won't touch your existing Facebook campaigns. If you choose to import them we will do that, but unless you take action on them yourself, Hootsuite Ads won't make any changes automatically. We do require your authorization to manage your Facebook Pages in step 5 for a very specific reason: Ads are simply Facebook Page posts that get promoted. Nothing else will be published to your Page.
- The account is already connected to Hootsuite Ads: A Facebook account can only be connected to one Hootsuite Ads account at a time. If you work with an agency they might be using Hootsuite Ads too.
- Unexpected Error: This usually indicates a temporary glitch connecting to Facebook. Usually retrying after 10 or 20 minutes will do the job.