The first step to using Hootsuite Ads is connecting your Facebook account to import your ad accounts and Pages. Your account needs to be connected to manage your advertising, publish your ads, and get statistics. If you intend to manage only Google Ads campaigns with Hootsuite Ads, see Connect your Google Ads account.
To connect to Facebook
- Upon signing in to Hootsuite Ads for the first time, you'll be prompted to connect your accounts. Click Connect Facebook Accounts. Or to add additional accounts, navigate to the Facebook ad accounts page in your Settings and click Add new Facebook ad accounts.
- If you are not already signed in to Facebook, you will be prompted to enter your Facebook login credentials.
- Click Continue as (profile name).
- Click Choose what you allow if you don't want Hootsuite Ads to import all the Facebook Pages that your Facebook user has access to.
- Uncheck the box next to any Page you do not want imported into Hootsuite Ads.
All other toggles for allowing ads and business manager access must remain enabled so that Hootsuite Ads can publish your ads to your Facebook Pages and ad accounts.
- Click OK.
- Click Continue. Once the connection to Facebook is authorized, Hootsuite Ads will display a list of ad accounts associated with the Facebook profile.
- Complete your profile so we can learn about your ad management needs.
- Click Continue.
- Click Start managing your ads (may take a few seconds to import).
- It's now time to create your first campaign!
Note, you can remove ad accounts. Learn more about adding or removing ad accounts.
You can import active/running campaigns and ones with completed ads or adsets as far back as two days.
Hootsuite Ads won't make any changes automatically. We do require your authorization to manage your Facebook Pages in step 5 for a very specific reason: Ads are simply Facebook Page posts that get promoted. Nothing else will be published to your Page.
- The account is already connected to Hootsuite Ads: A Facebook account can only be connected to one Hootsuite Ads account at a time. If you work with an agency they might be using Hootsuite Ads too.
- Unexpected Error: This usually indicates a temporary glitch connecting to Facebook. Usually retrying after 10 or 20 minutes will do the job.
- I don't want to connect my Facebook profile: Unfortunately, this is necessary. Connections to Facebook cannot be established via Pages, only individual users. We don't collect profile information, friends lists, or messages, but we need a user to accept the permissions to confirm that a real person has granted Hootsuite Ads access to their advertising assets.
- I don’t need to see completed campaigns in Hootsuite Ads: Please note that if you were to delete a campaign in Hootsuite Ads, it will be marked as deleted on Facebook too. There is no way to undo this action. Like all imported campaigns, please rest assured they won’t count towards reaching your plan’s spend limit.