The first step to using Hootsuite Ads is connecting your Facebook account to import your ad accounts and Pages. Your account needs to be connected to manage your advertising, publish your ads, and get statistics. If you intend to manage only Google Ads campaigns with Hootsuite Ads, see Connect your Google Ads account.
To connect to Facebook
- The first time you sign in to Hootsuite Ads, you're be prompted to connect your accounts. Select Connect Facebook Accounts. Or, to add additional accounts, navigate to the Facebook ad accounts page in your Settings and select Add new Facebook ad accounts.
- If you're not already signed in to Facebook, you're prompted to enter your Facebook login credentials.
- Select Continue as (profile name).
- Select Choose what you allow if you don't want Hootsuite Ads to import all the Facebook Pages that your Facebook user has access to.
- Clear the check box next to any Page you do not want imported into Hootsuite Ads.
All other toggles for allowing ads and business manager access must remain enabled so that Hootsuite Ads can publish your ads to your Facebook Pages and ad accounts.
- Select OK.
- Select Continue. After the connection to Facebook is authorized:
- If you have permissions to manage 10 or fewer ad accounts, they will all be automatically added to Hootsuite Ads. For more information, see Add or remove ad accounts.
- If you have permissions to manage more than 10 ad accounts, you'll see a list of ad accounts associated with the Facebook profile. Select the check box to the left of the ad account(s) you want to manage in Hootsuite Ads, and then select Add Facebook ad accounts.
- Select Continue, and then select Start managing your ads.
- It's now time to create your first campaign! For instructions, see A guide to your first Facebook ad campaign.
Your active/running campaigns, and completed campaigns from the past year, are automatically imported, so you can create reports with that historic data. Imported campaigns do not count against your plan's ad spend limit.
Hootsuite Ads won't make any changes automatically. We do require your authorization to manage your Facebook Pages in step 5 for a very specific reason: Ads are simply Facebook Page posts that get promoted. Nothing else will be published to your Page.
- The account is already connected to Hootsuite Ads: A Facebook account can only be connected to one Hootsuite Ads account at a time. If you work with an agency, they might be using Hootsuite Ads too.
- Unexpected Error: This usually indicates a temporary glitch connecting to Facebook. Usually retrying after 10 or 20 minutes will solve the problem.
- I don't want to connect my Facebook profile: Unfortunately, this is necessary. Connections to Facebook cannot be established via Pages, only individual users. We don't collect profile information, friends lists, or messages, but we need a user to accept the permissions to confirm that a real person has granted Hootsuite Ads access to their advertising assets.
- I don’t need to see completed campaigns in Hootsuite Ads: Please note that if you delete a campaign in Hootsuite Ads, it is marked as deleted on Facebook too. There is no way to undo this action. Like all imported campaigns, please rest assured they won’t count toward reaching your plan’s spend limit.