Import your Facebook campaigns into Ads
When ad accounts are first connected, all active/running campaigns on the ad account import into Hootsuite Ads. Completed campaigns from the past year are also imported.
In your account settings you can disable or enable automatic importing for any other campaigns that get created outside of Hootsuite Ads.
If you have an Instagram account connected to your Facebook ad account, promoted Instagram post campaigns will also import.
Import Facebook campaigns
- Click Settings on the main navigation bar.
- Click the Facebook ad accounts tab.
- Toggle the Import active campaigns switch to Yes on each ad account you want to import campaigns for.
The import can take up to 1 hour before all the campaigns are imported and analytics are correctly synced.
Limitations of imported campaigns
Imported campaigns can be managed alongside the campaigns you create in Hootsuite Ads, but some functionality is not available for them.
- Can't be copied or edited
- Don't have the Ads Reporting or Summary tabs
- Don't have the Top Factors widget in the Dashboard tab
- Won't pull data for the Target Summary module in the Report Generator
- Can't be selected for a tactical review
See how to add or remove ad accounts.