Before you can create and install a vanity URL successfully, you must
Add the vanity URL option to your account (Only available to Pro and Enterprise accounts).
Create an organization with social networks, members and teams. Because only a super admin of an organization can create a vanity URL, this person is also responsible for granting team access to the vanity URL.
Each step must be completed in order for your vanity URL to function correctly.
To create and install a vanity URL
1. From the launch menu on the left, click the gear (Settings) icon.
2. Under Settings, click Vanity URLs.
3. Under Vanity URLs, click the plus (Add New Vanity URL) icon.
4. Type the vanity URL you would like to use with Ow.ly Pro. Include "http://" at the start of your vanity URL.
5. Type the root redirect URL you would like to use for your vanity URL. Include "http://" at the start of your root redirect URL.
6. Click to select the organization where the URL is being added.
7. Click to select the team(s) that will be able to use this vanity URL.
8. Click Save.
9. Copy (Ctrl + c) the IP address (Numerical string). You will use this to update your web hosting domain name system (DNS) settings. This information will also be sent to the email associated with your HootSuite account.
10. Click Finished.
Once your vanity URL is activated, you will receive an email notification from HootSuite. Typically after about 24 hours (or less), your vanity URL will propogate around the Internet and begin resolving properly.
11. Log into your Internet domain registrar and web hosting company to update your DNS settings.
Adding the correct information is a critical step toward configuring your custom Ow.ly Pro URL. When updating your DNS, be sure to point your A record to 220.127.116.11; paste (Crtl + v) the IP address from step 9.
Although we do not have access to each Internet domain registrar or web hosting company, we have compiled a list of common resources: